Preface Tourism Pilgrimage Adventure Glaciers Peaks Views Services Products
Welcome to land of Gods......  ...........Who goes to the Hills, goes to his Mother...Lord Kipling.........
About Kumaon Travelogue Bhotantic Meadows Wildlife Links Kaleidoscope

Contact

Home
  
Back  

Udhamsingh Nagar

Back
Carved out from Nainital District and named after the patriot Udham Singh who killed General Dyer  consists of fertile tarai land and houses most of Rice, Oil and Sugar mills besides Sardar Sagar and Nanak Sagar dams. Rudrapur is the district headquarters which was founded by King Rudra Chand of Kumaon in 1588. It is the gateway to Kumaon hills for people entering from Delhi and Dehra Dun.

 10th Guru, Guru Govind Singh visited Nanakmatta and a Gurudwara has been built in his memory. Earlier known as Gorakhmatta and after the Guru Nanak persuaded  the Nath Yogis to follow his path in 1561 it was named as Nanakmattaa. Influenced by the preaching of the Guru, Nabab Mehandi Ali Khan donated 4500 Acres of land in the name of Nanak Shah Fakir.  Kashipur is a industrial town in the district. Khatima, Sitarganj and Gadarpur are other towns.

 


Back

G   B   Pant   University   of  Agriculture  and Technology is the first agriculture college Of India   and  played   a leading   role in India’s green   revolution is situated in the district.    A   branch  of  it  is  also functioning from New Tehri.